I decided not to go out and buy fabric just for the project but have a rummage from the box of stash, I found 2 pieces of linen one natural and one red that I picked up in Abakhan in Chester. I then googled and consulted http://pinterest.com/ for some inspiration. I've a bit of thing for hearts, love nautical, beach huts and birds seem to be everywhere at the moment. Luckily I found everything in the stash to complete 4 cushions.
The heart was first, I decided to applique on the machine and I'm fairly pleased with the result considering I've not used it before.
The heart was first, I decided to applique on the machine and I'm fairly pleased with the result considering I've not used it before.
Next was a lighthouse, this was a little trickier and I did struggle a little with the applique pieces slipping on the linen, resulting in a slightly wonky lighthouse but it's fine for me. I decided this time to do a bit of hand embellishment. Whilst hand stitching I remembered how lovely it is to sew on linen and that's why I decided to hand stitch the next cushion.
I loved hand stitching my bird on a tree, stem stitch for the branches, running stitch on the leaves, blanket stitch around the bird and a french knot for the eye.
Like I said birds are everywhere, so here's another 2 little bluebirds with a heart birdhouse. This one was all done on the machine and this time felt more confident and pleased with the result.
Well I think that's enough of cushions for me now, loved making every one of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment